Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Boise Town Square Mall is holding a contest where parents or students can nominate their favorite teachers to win a $500 gift card. If you use Facebook you can nominate a teacher at the Boise Town Square Facebook page or by clicking on this link to go directly there. They will require your teacher's email address. All email addresses can be found on our staff page if you don't already know it.
You can enter up to a 100 word statement about what you like about them.
The teachers at Sacajawea really are amazing!
On March 11th the Caldwell School Board approved our new elementary attendance zones for next school year. The Sacajawea zone changed a little bit. The new zones map can be found here. The purple area is the new Sacajawea zone. The light yellow lines are the old zones.
We will be getting some great new families from Lincoln Elementary and some from Van Buren as well. We look forward to meeting these new families at our welcome barbecue on April 17th. Students and families who will be transferring to Sacajawea next year can come and get a tour of the school, meet some of our students and staff and you can enjoy some hot dogs as well.
Day: April 17th
Time: 6:00 to 7:30
Who: New Students and Families for Next School Year
Welcome to Sacajawea
Our goal is to get 3rd through 5th grade students investigating with science and math using two sets of mobile laptop computers. We especially want to challenge our students to write and communicate about science and math, reaching a real audience outside of our own school. As our economy becomes more global our students need to have a keen understanding of both math and science. However it is essential that they can go beyond the facts, to be able to think critically and to communicate ideas in these fields with their audience or with their team members.
To be eligible to nominate us you need to:
- Be 21 years or older
- Be actively engaged in farming one of the following:
- 250 acres of corn, soybeans and/or cotton;
- 40 acres of openfield vegetables;
- 10 acres of tomatoes, peppers and/or cucumbers grown in protected culture (glasshouse, nethouse, plastic).
***Not Eligible to Nominate: Employees of Monsanto or Employees of Seed Dealers connected to Monsanto
How To Help:
- Go to this web site: www.growruraleducation.com
- Click on "Nominate Your School District" (It is an orange button)
- Fill out the simple form (Choose: Idaho; Canyon County; Caldwell District)
- Spread the word. Share this with other friends who farm please. Our application will be stronger if we have more farmers nominate us.
We appreciate your support. Please contact me if you have any questions.
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Your kids can join the YMCA's P16 program at Washington Elementary for a fun filled Spring Break. Kids will stay active doing art, physical activity, fun and games, swimming, and educational field trips.
- 2 healthy snacks a day.
- Dates: March 25-29, 2013
- Times: 8:00am to 6:30pm
- Location: Washington Elementary
- Fees: $27.00 per day (Financial Assistance Available)
- How to register: Contact the P16 Staff @ 649-1120
Monday, March 4, 2013
Sacajawea Elementary is celebrating Dr. Seuss’ Birthday (Saturday, March 2nd) by having a special spirit week.
Each day will have a Focus Book and corresponding dress up day. Please note that students still must be in dress code with dark pants and a solid, collared shirt. Students will receive any entry in a grade level book drawing every night next week that they read a book or have a book read to them. Please make a note to your child’s teacher that they have read.
Dress up Days:
- Monday – Focus Book: My Many Colored Days – wear your favorite color polo shirt or colors to match a favorite college you attend. If you wear college colors you must have a dress-code shirt underneath.
- Tuesday – Focus Book: Fox in Socks – Wear your crazy socks
- Wednesday - Focus Book: Wacky Wednesday – Bring a wacky hairstyle
- Thursday – Focus Book: Oh the Places You'll Go – Wear a symbol of a job you like (ie a pin, a sign, a book, etc)
- Friday – Focus Book: The Cat in the Hat – Wear your favorite hat
On Thursday, kindergarten will be having a Seusseriffic day! All day they will be doing Dr. Seuss activities and games, and even having a Dr. Seuss inspired snack. Please let your student’s teacher know if you want to join in on the fun!